On Location Cleaning
Your Disaster Recovery Solution
When soot, smoke and water combine – the result is quite a messy clean-up job after a fire. ATI provides thorough on-site cleaning after fire or smoke damage, from deodorization through detailed cleaning of air vents, furniture, fixtures, walls, ceilings and floors.
We begin deodorizing the residence or facility immediately. Deodorization is an ongoing process throughout the course of the restoration, and may consist of the following procedures:
• Installation of a solid odor absorption gel into the return air of the HVAC (Heating, Ventilation & Air Conditioning) system.
• Applying a wet fog to open spaces, attics, and/or crawl spaces.
• Dry fogging the interior of the residence of hard-to-reach areas.
• Temporary installation of an ozone generator to remove biological or difficult carbon odors.
• Use of chemicals and detergents with deodorant additives.
Air/Heat Conveyance Systems
In cases where it is necessary to clean and restore a structure’s air conditioning and/or heating system, our HVAC technician first checks for soot or particulate migration by inspecting the unit and return air filter as well as the end of the duct line. If the system requires cleaning, our team removes the air registers as needed and detail-cleans them with a degreaser.
While registers are down, we vacuum inside the duct lines as far as possible to remove any particulate matter. We reinstall registers and cover them with a filter media to prevent re-depositing of particulate on restored items. After it has been cleaned, we apply a special sealer throughout the duct system, using an atomizer to ensure it covers all interior surfaces.
Wall & Ceiling Cleaning
Depending on the severity of the damage, we clean interior walls and ceilings and/or prepare them for painting or wallpapering.
- Carefully remove wall hangings and re-hang upon completion
- Clean all exposed surfaces with degreaser, polish or oil – whichever is appropriate for the structural material
- Repaint any walls left with streaks
- Vacuum and dry clean flocked or papered walls
- Wet clean and degrease vinyl paper walls
- Vacuum heavily textured ceilings
Carpet, Tile & Hardwood Flooring
We make every effort to restore flooring materials to a pre-loss condition. Unless hard floors suffer discoloration to the protective coating, we clean them thoroughly instead of stripping and refinishing.
- Vacuum, steam clean and deodorize carpeted areas
- Degrease and deodorize all tile including sheet vinyl, floor tile and ceramic
- Clean hardwoods depending on type of wood and finish
Windows, Fixtures & Appliances
Typically, we can clean all fixtures and appliances thoroughly while in place and on-site.
- Clean interior sides of windows
- Degrease and deodorize lights, ceiling fans, bathroom fixtures and shades
- Clean exterior of kitchen appliances
Although cleaning may not restore all furniture to a “new” condition, particularly when pieces were older or worn prior to the fire, we work hard to repair and refurbish as much as possible. If furniture is permanently discolored because of the loss, we provide documentation to the insurance adjuster.
- Vacuum and dry or wet clean upholstered items such as sofas, chairs, cushions and drapery – depending on type of fabric
- Clean leather and vinyl furniture with a mild degreaser and leather treatment
- Hand clean, degrease and deodorize hard surface furnishings such as tables, nightstands, dressers and bookcases
We carefully inspect interiors of cabinetry, hutches, armoires, and any furniture with drawers to determine if soot or particulate has migrated to interior areas. If it has, we remove all items, carefully hand wash and replace them. We return all items to their proper shelf or drawer unless we are requested to rearrange the items from a previous layout.