Your Disaster Recovery Solution
Successfully preserving the original look and feel of a historic building during reconstruction not only requires skill but also a willingness to work closely and respectfully with the owner or property manager. ATI professionals have restored numerous historic buildings following fire or flood damage, always with the goal of maintaining integrity of the structure. We understand the importance of using building materials appropriate to the time period; of maximizing the restoration and re-use of existing materials; and of minimizing the need for complete replacement.
When reconstruction of a historic building is required, we use the following guidelines to ensure complete customer satisfaction:
- If reconstruction of all or a portion of a historic building is required, we use appropriate documentation and other evidence to ensure the accuracy of the reconstruction.
- We strive to preserve historic materials, features and spatial relationships during a reconstruction job.
- We strive to re-create the appearance of the historic property in materials, design, color and texture.
- We do not incorporate any designs that were not used originally.
- We only reconstruct those sections or areas that are essential to the original look and feel of the structure.
- If reconstruction is required in a historic location, we take appropriate steps to ensure that historical artifacts or features on the grounds are not negatively impacted by the reconstruction.
- We clearly identify any reconstruction as a contemporary re-creation of the historic structure or property.